For the Glory
View release trailer | Download demo
Take up the reins of your country, guide domestic and foreign policy, navigate thousands of historical events, engage in various struggles and lead your country to prosperity — all in the name of glory!
For the Glory offers full historical immersion, with a completely new in-depth experience with over 10000 historically accurate events. Take charge of the mighty Habsburg Empire, the aggressive Swedish
state, or the seafaring Portuguese. Build up your empire through trade, diplomacy, colonialism and war.
Interact with real historical events and persons to determine what path your nation will take. Nothing is written in stone, and while a wise leader may choose to follow the path of history, you may also take advantage of opportunities for change.
Complete index of historical events in For the Glory
- You can play as over 180 countries, on a map covering the entire world
- Era spanning 1419-1819
- Experience unparalleled historical immersion with over 10000 historical events
- Unparalleled mod-ability: unlimited timeframe and up to 1000 countries
- Improved and modernised interface
- Adapt your playing style to the personality of your nation's various historical monarchs
- Multi-player up to 32 Players!
For The Glory improvements and additions over Europa Universalis II:
- Simplified and improved user interface, including in-game alerts informing the player of key decisions which need to be made, and the ability to now move troops from the political map mode
- New graphical content including tailored sprites for individual nations and cultures
- Technical improvements including support for high resolutions and wide screens, and the ability to switch between mods without exiting and restarting the game
- All original scenarios improved and rebalanced
- Greatly improved AI
- Vastly improved mod-ability over Europa Universalis II
- Gameplay improvements including:
- New core types of warfare (reclaiming territory, religious wars, etc)
- New ‘privateer’ leader type
- Reworked and improved spread of Protestantism
- Reworked rules for calculating supplies and attrition
Two mods are included in For The Glory:
- Age of Timur — set during the 13th century and created specifically for FtG
- Alternative Grand Campaign / Event Exchange Project or AGCEEP for short — the most popular of the Europa Universalis II mods with features including 10,000 events and countless historical monarchs and leaders